Thursday, March 28, 2013

Book Review: the Personal MBA: master the art of business





“Risks are known unknowns...... Uncertainties are unknown unknowns.” p.357

Stars: 4/5

Do I believe, after having read this book cover to cover, that I have earned the equivalent of a MBA from a state college or university or amassed the same knowledge as one who has graduated with a MBA? No.

Do I believe I will grasp what the recent B-school graduate is saying as he/she begins spouting MBA-speak in the next meeting? Maybe.

Do I believe this book is a valuable beginners guide which arms me with the necessary information and tools to further educate myself in business? Most certainly. The recommended readings and accompanying website alone make this book a worthwhile investment. I will continue to reference this book (and website) to refresh my memory and to direct me where to go to get more specifics.

Finally, the personal MBA is also a perfect read for a commuter or the person who is too busy to dedicate hours at a time for reading. Each chapter is organized with numerous sections that would take less than ten minutes to read.
 
See all Book Reviews

No comments: