Sunday, April 12, 2015

Book Review: A Pilot's Journey


 


A Honorable Mention

Stars: 3/5

Not all tales of courage and perseverance in the face of adversity is made into an award winning movie, but just because one’s life story is not in a motion picture does not diminish the accomplishments. ‘A Pilot’s Journey: Memoirs of a Tuskegee Airman’ is one such example. Curtis Christopher Robinson, fighter pilot of the 99th Fighter Squadron, may not have been the leading character in any of the movies about the Tuskegee Airmen but his life story is still worth telling. I mention this because I have read other reviews of this book and I think some may be expecting a grandiose heroic tale as seen in the movies or a memoir written by an acclaimed biographer. Even though this may not be the case, Robinson’s life story is one that should be told and I can only imagine the faith, the drive and the intestinal fortitude he had to maintain to live a life that is worthy of a biography. Others may forget the unsung heroes who, in small ways, have paved the way for others; I suspect George Norfleet does not and neither will I.

See all Book Reviews

No comments: